Syracuse, New York is a city bustling with people and a decent size population.
Among the many people who live there are those who struggle financially.
As the prices of goods and services continue to rise, more people join the financial struggle.
When this happens it is a good idea to turn to a place like Catholic Charities of Syracuse to get help. They provide a variety of services to help people in the community who need financial assistance.
Part of the Roman Catholic Church, Catholic Charities of Syracuse is a faith-based organization that has a mission of helping people.
They focus on providing assistance to those in the community who need help with things like food, shelter, transportation, clothing, and more. The main organization offers over 3,000 locations around the country, and they are all ready to help serve the needs of the people in the community.
Catholic Charities of Syracuse, NY
Also known as Catholic Charities of Onondaga County, Catholic Charities of Syracuse offers a variety of helpful programs to help people.
They help those who need immediate care, emergency or crisis services, as well as ongoing support.
They have a main office where the majority of their services are offered. That office is located on Onondaga Street and is open Monday through Friday.
Some of the programs offered at Catholic Charities of Syracuse include:
- Crisis response. They help people with their immediate needs, providing them with shelter, financial aid, and housing stability services.
- Stability program. The mission of this program is to help people become more stable and self-sufficient. In doing so, they offer supportive housing, healthcare services, and refugee services, and they help the elderly. Their housing program offers case management to help people work toward self-sufficiency.
- Family services. This area of the program provides people with access to food, counseling, recovery services, and employment training. Their senior services program offers transportation to medical appointments, in-home assistance, and other forms of help.
This particular Catholic Charities was founded in 1923.
Since then, they have been providing thousands of people per year with all types of help.
They are one place you can get help in the Syracuse area, but there are others as well that will provide assistance to people in the community who need help.
Additional Helpful Charitable Organizations in Syracuse
There are numerous other charitable organizations in Syracuse that provide people with help paying the bills, obtaining food, providing shelter, and more. You can reach out to the organizations below to see what type of help they may be able to provide to you.
- The Table. This is a community food bank that provides meals to people in the community. Each month, they provide meals to over 750 families in the Syracuse area.
- Samaritan Center. This organization offers several programs to help people in the community who are financially challenged. Some of the programs they offer include a daily meal program, case management and outreach work, and they have a distribution service, providing people with items to meet their basic needs.
- Saint Lucy’s Church. This faith-based organization offers programs to help people, including a food pantry. The food pantry is set up like a grocery store, so that people can go shop to select the items they would like to have. They also have a program that makes lunch daily for those who need it.
- The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. This faith-based organization offers a food pantry in downtown Syracuse. They also offer emergency services to help those who need help immediately.
- The Kia Foundation. This organization is focused on helping people who have pets. If you need help with getting pet food they can help. Their pet food pantry is open to all who need help feeding their furry family members.
It is great to contact Catholic Charities of Syracuse if you need financial help. They can help provide you with food, clothing, shelter, and a variety of other helpful services.
You can also reach out to the additional charitable organizations that are listed. By doing so, you will ensure that your basic needs are being met.
You may find that some of the other organizations are closer to where you life.
Getting help is not difficult if you live in the Syracuse area. You have numerous options to consider.
Simply contact each of them to see what type of services they offer and what steps you need to take to get the assistance.