Southern Nevada – a beautiful place, that is no longer very affordable, unfortunately.
The area is home to such places as the world-known Las Vegas Strip, Henderson, and numerous surrounding mountain cities.
The beauty of the area doesn’t help though when people fall on difficult financial times.
When people are having trouble paying the bills, they need somewhere they can turn to get assistance.
One of the most popular places that people turn to for financial help is Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada is part of the national organization that has over 3,000 locations.
They offer locations in each state, where they have a variety of programs to help people with all kinds of needs.
They are a faith-based organization, but that doesn’t mean you have to be religious in order to get help from them.
Their mission is to help everyone in the community who needs it.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
The good news is that no matter what type of help you need;
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada can likely provide it to you.
They help a lot of people in Southern Nevada.
They offer different types of programs to help people in the community.
Their main location is on Las Vegas Boulevard North.
The programs offered through Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada include:
- Food services. They provide people with hot meals and free boxes of food. They provide meals on wheels program to help homebound seniors, help women with infants, offer a food pantry, and provide on-site dining for those who need a meal.
- Housing services. This program offers help to those who need housing services or are experiencing homelessness. They provide a shelter and long-term support to help people become self-sufficient. They run a men’s emergency night shelter and apartments for those ages 18 and up.
- Family Services. This outreach program helps families by providing them with food, housing assistance, and more.
- Immigration services. Refugees who need assistance can get it through this program that they offer. They help refugees become more stable and self-sufficient.
Other Charities in Southern Nevada
In addition to Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada, there are other charitable organizations that provide assistance for those in need.
Contact all of the organizations that you feel may be able to assist you with your needs.
Each of these organizations exists because they have a mission of helping people in the community who need financial assistance in some way.
- Lutheran Social Services of Nevada. Located in Las Vegas, this organization provides senior meals, open air markets, employment services, free food, and more. They provide a food pantry that allows people to shop for what they want and need.
- Salvation Army. This faith-based organization has locations in Southern Nevada, as well as around the country. They provide help to people by offering shelters, free meals, clothing, and more.
- United Way of Southern Nevada. Part of a national organization, this chapter offers helpful services to those in Southern Nevada. They help people with housing, job resources, education, health, free food, and help paying for utilities. They also work with a variety of charities in the area to ensure that people get the help they need.
- Helping Hands of Vegas Valley. This organization serves the Las Vegas valley with helpful programs. They offer a pantry program that provides people with free food, a respite care program that provides grants to those caring for seniors, and a transportation program that helps elderly and frail people get to where they need to go. They also offer a home maintenance and repair program, which provides repair services to those who otherwise cannot afford it. They do everything from change air filters and replace light bulbs to help with air conditioner repairs.
By contacting some of these organizations you will help ensure that your basic needs will be met.
You do not have to worry about paying back anything for the help you receive.
All of it is considered a gift to help you make ends meet. These programs are there to help those who need assistance.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to them, starting with Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada.
By contacting these places you will be able to get the help you need, when you need it, and you won’t have to pay anything back.
Many organizations in Southern Nevada have a mission of helping people in need, by providing them with food, clothing, shelter, bill payment assistance, and more.