Many people who live in Omaha experience financial challenges each year.
Sometimes this happens if people are between jobs or they have more bills than they can comfortably handle.
No matter what the reason for having financial difficulties it is important that people know there are places they can turn to for help.
One of the most popular places that people turn to for financial help is Catholic Charities of Omaha.
Catholic Charities of Omaha is serves hundreds of thousands of people each year. They help people from the entire Omaha metropolitan area.
The organization is part of the larger group that has over 3,000 locations around the country.
They are affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, but they don’t require that those they help be religious.
Locations of Catholic Charities of Omaha
Locally, there are three locations offered by Catholic Charities of Omaha. These include the St. Teresa of Calcutta Campus, St. Martin de Porres Center, and the St. Juan Diego Center. Each of the three locations offers a variety of helpful services for those who are in need in the community.
Some of the programs offered by the Omaha locations include:
- Emergency and supportive food services. They offer five food pantry locations to provide people who need it with food. The pantries offer emergency food services, as well as ongoing support.
- Family strengthening services. They help families during all periods of their life, including providing family skills classes, senior services, meals, outings, and more.
- Immigration legal services. Those who need legal assistance to help with their immigration paperwork can get it through this program. They will help residence cards, petitions, legal documents, and more.
- Domestic violence services. Those who are in domestic violence situations can get help through this program. They offer a shelter, crisis hotline, after shelter support, and more.
- Behavioral health services. They offer mental health counseling for individuals and families. Their services help with grief counseling, behavioral challenges, relationship issues, substance abuse disorders, anxiety, depression, trauma, and more.
Additional Helpful Charitable Organizations in Omaha
While many people turn to Catholic Charities of Omaha for help when they need financial assistance, there are others you can contact.
You can reach out to all the organizations to see which one can help you with your particular need or that is closest to you. This way you will ensure your basic needs are met.
Also, you never have to pay back anything that you receive, because they are not giving you loans. All the help is considered a gift to help people in the community.
- Heartland Hope Mission. This organization helps those with a low income to get food, hygiene items, clothing, referrals, and job assistance. They also provide people with diapers, and offer a drive-thru pantry.
- Stephen Center. This organization offers an emergency shelter, addiction recovery support, help with permanent housing, and items people need to overcome homelessness. They have a men’s shelter, women’s shelter, and a family shelter unit.
- Bethlehem House. This organization specifically helps women who are pregnant and in crisis. They will provide women with items they need during pregnancy and to help care for the baby. They offer a family life and after care program to provide long term supportive services.
- Open Door Mission. They provide free meals and a shelter to help people in the community. They have several locations, including their main campus and their women and family center. They provide people with support to find permanent housing, obtain diapers, and more.
- New Visions Homeless Services. This organization focuses on helping people avoid and move out of homelessness. They provide a variety of supportive services to help people who are homeless in the Omaha area. They provide food programs, 24-hour emergency shelters, permanent housing programs, and veteran’s programs.
If you live in Omaha and need help to buy food, pay rent, or need other helpful services, you have options.
You can contact Catholic Charities of Omaha for a wide variety of helpful services. You can also reach out to the additional charitable organizations listed above.
By contacting the places listed you will be able to have your basic needs met.
They can also help you work toward a more permanent self-sufficient situation.
The organizations have a mission of helping people, so they are ready to provide you with the help you need to make ends meet and get by.
Don’t be afraid to also reach out to churches in your area to see what services they provide.