Maine, known for its beautiful rocky coastline, and home to Mt. Katahdin, is one of the best states to live in.
However, Maine has recently become very expensive, due to the demand, inflation, and as part of the side effects of the recent pandemic. Many Maine residents, unfortunately, fell into to tough financial time, and might need help.
When people fall on difficult financial times they may find it hard to make ends meet.
It may become a challenge simply to ensure their basic needs are being met.
During difficult times like that, it’s important to know there are places you can turn to for help. Getting assistance from places like Catholic Charities of Maine can make a world of difference.
Catholic Charities of Maine is there to help people who need assistance.
They provide a variety of programs to meet all different types of needs.
They will make sure that your basic needs are met.
They are part of the national organization, which has over 3,000 locations around the country.
The organization is affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, but they do not require you to be religious in order to get help from them.
Catholic Charities of Maine
The organization has a location in Portland, Maine, which serves the needs of people throughout the state.
They offer a variety of helpful programs to assist people with the kind of issues they are dealing with.
If they can’t help you with your particular issue, there is a good chance they can refer you to someone locally who can.
Some of the helpful programs and forms of assistance offered by Catholic Charities of Maine include:
- Free food and hot meals
- Free dental care
- Refugee and immigration services
- Free clothing through their thrift store
- Addiction recovery programs
- Mental health care
Catholic Charities of Maine can help you with food, clothing, housing, counseling, and more.
Contact them to get more information about the programs they offer and how you can receive the help you need.
The help they provide is considered a gift, so you will not ever have to pay it back. They can also provide you with referrals to other programs that may be able to help you as well.
Other Charitable Organizations in Maine
Many people turn to Catholic Charities of Maine to receive help when they experience financial difficulty.
There are other charities that you can also turn to that are a little less known, but still provide a lot of assistance to those in need.
Be sure to contact all of the charities in order to find the one that can help with your particular need. By contacting these places you will be able to ensure that your basic needs are being met.
- Good Shepherd Food Bank of Maine. This organization runs a food bank, where people can go to get what they need. They provide people with food, as well as nutrition counseling, cooking classes, and more. They also provide a food map, so you can find the various locations where free meals are provided.
- Camden Area Christian Food Pantry. This is another food pantry that is offered and serves the Camden area. They provide food to anyone in the area who needs it.
- Area Interfaith Outreach. This organization is open to people of all faiths. They provide food assistance, energy bill payment assistance, and diapers. Their programs are open to everyone who needs help. They also have a program where they send home bagged meals for kids during the school year. Those who need help paying for their energy bill may be able to get up to $300 per year toward it from this organization.
- House of Hope. This organization is located in Berwick, Maine. They have a free community restaurant, where people can go get free meals. They also have a free food pantry, where you can shop for what you need.
- Trinity Jubilee Center. This organization provides people with free meals and medical care. They also help with filling out job applications, help the homeless, and provide a food pantry.
There are plenty of helpful charitable organizations to turn to if you need help with food, paying bills, obtaining clothing, and more.
These organizations provide the services for free and do not expect anything in return.
You never have to pay anything back, because it’s not a loan.
Reach out to the charities listed, including Catholic Charities of Maine, to see how you can go about getting assistance from their programs.
Most organizations like the ones listed do not have strict requirements for being approved for help.
They provide it readily to those who are in need.
You can also contact more than one organization to see what help you can get, which will ensure your basic needs are being met.
Help AllCatholicCharities.org grow by sharing our posts via social media, so we can help others.