Many people find that there are times when they are being challenged financially.
Whether they lose a job, inquire more bills, become injured, are experience injury, they may have difficulty making ends meet.
When this happens it is important to reach out to a charitable organization that will help you get through the rough times.
One of the most popular places that people turn to for help is Catholic Charities of Louisville.
Catholic Charities of Louisville is an organization that provides a variety of helpful programs to assist people.
Their programs were put in place to help ensure that people’s basic needs are being met. Catholic Charities a faith-based organization that has over 3,000 locations around the country.
While they are affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, they don’t expect those they help to be religious. Their services are open to everyone in the community who needs help.
About Catholic Charities of Louisville
With five locations to serve the area, Catholic Charities of Louisville is likely close to everyone in the area who is need of financial assistance.
Their locations include the main office on 4th Street, their Dare to Care Kitchen on 28th Street, the Sister Visitor Center on West Market Street, the migration and refugee service center on West Market Street, and the St. Anthony Campus on West Market Street.
Each location provides different types of services to meet the needs of the community it is serving.
All services are provided for free and there is nothing that ever needs to be paid back. Some of the programs and types of assistance offered through Catholic Charities of Louisville include:
- An emergency assistance program, where people can get immediate help with meeting their basic needs. They will provide people with food and financial assistance.
- A program that teaches people culinary arts and then helps them find jobs in the restaurant industry, using those skills. The 8-week program helps people get jobs in the industry, and they have an 81% job placement success rate.
- A community support program that provides mother and infant care, including providing workshops, support groups, and resources.
- An immigration and legal services program that helps people with citizenship.
- A language services program that helps people from other countries learn to speak English. They also have interpreters for those who need it.
- They have a common earth garden, where food is grown and shared in the community. The program teaches people how to garden, provides farm business training, and provides nutrition education.
Additional Charitable Organizations and Programs in Louisville, Kentucky
There are additional programs in Louisville that you can turn to if you need financial assistance.
Contact as many programs as you feel you need to in order to ensure your basic needs are being met.
- Salvation Army. This faith-based organization is part of a national one that offers locations around the country. They offer five locations in the Louisville area. The programs they offer include those that help with hunger and food insecurity, housing, youth programs, veterans programs, and support services.
- The Lord’s Kitchen Ministries. This program helps people in the Louisville area with food distribution, housing for veterans, disaster relief, and recovery. They will help feed and clothe those who need help.
- Overflow Community Center. This organization runs a pantry where people can get food. Everything is free and people can pick what they want from it. They also have an area that has clothing, blankets, toys, and more, and it’s all free for people who need it.
- Highlands Community Ministry. This Louisville-based charitable organization provides assistance in a variety of ways. They have a food pantry, where they give away free food, and they help people with emergency services. They also have programs to help people with youth sports, senior care, child care, meals on wheels, and more.
- Dare to Care. This is a food bank that offers free boxes of food, hot meals, and more. They will also help with school lunches and ensuring that seniors get the food they need.
No matter what type of assistance you need, there is a good chance you can find it in the Louisville area.
Catholic Charities of Louisville is a good place to start, but there are other places to reach out to for help as well.
You can contact several of them to see what type of services they provide, which will help you meet your basic needs. If they can’t help you, they should be able to refer you to someone who can.