Hawaii – one of the most beautiful places in America, and probably the entire world.
Beautiful beaches, amazing weather, and an overall feeling of peace and calmness is only some of the things Hawaii is famous for.
It’s also one of the most expensive states for people to live in.
This means that those who experience financial challenges while living in Hawaii may find it difficult to keep up with paying their bills and meeting their basic needs.
The good news is that there are places you can turn to for financial assistance, such as the Catholic Charities of Hawaii.
When you reach out to Catholic Charities of Hawaii you will find that they offer a variety of services to help meet your basic needs, and much more.
The organization will go above and beyond to help people by providing a wide range of services to help people in need. Whether you need help due to a job loss, injury, illness, or something else, it’s a good idea to turn to this organization for assistance.
Catholic Charities of Hawaii is part of the national organization that has thousands of locations around the country.
The organization has been helping people for over 100 years. In Hawaii, they have been helping people for over 75 years.
They are a faith-based organization that is associated with the Roman Catholic Church, but you do not have to be religious in order to get help from them. They help people from all faiths.
Catholic Charities of Hawaii Locations
There are four locations of Catholic Charities that are found around Hawaii, including in O’ahu, Hawai’i Island, Maui, and Kaui’i. Each of the locations provides services to help those in need in the area. Some of the services that the organizations provide include:
- Housing assistance. This helps people who need rental assistance, as well as help finding affordable housing. They provide housing assistance for individuals, families, veterans, and seniors.
- Senior services. They offer a variety of helpful programs for seniors, including running a multipurpose center that offers recreational activities.
- Family and youth services. This section offers people help with family services, including providing help for people who are pregnant.
- Counseling and mental health services. Whether people need counseling with mental health, marriage, personal growth and wellness, or something else, they can help.
- Immigration and citizenship services. Their program will help immigrants and those who are in need of immigration assistance.
- Referral services. This section will help you find the type of service you are looking for in order to meet your needs.
If you don’t see the type of service you need help with being offered, reach out to their referral services. They should be able to help refer you somewhere to an entity that can provide you with the help that you need.
Additional Helpful Charity Services in Hawaii
While you can contact Catholic Charities of Hawaii, there are additional charities that will provide you with assistance as well.
It’s a good idea to reach out to multiple places, so you can find the one that will be able to help you during challenging times. Here are some additional helpful charities in Hawaii that you can contact for help:
- Angel Network Charities – This organization provides help for families in Hawaii, including providing people with fresh produce and canned goods on a monthly basis.
- Hawai’i Food Bank – This is another organization that serves people in Hawaii by providing those in need with food. They provide emergency food assistance, ongoing food assistance, and more.
- Helping Hands Hawai’i – This program serves people by offering emergency assistance, food help, and homelessness help. If you are experiencing homelessness they can help you in a variety of ways.
- Aloha United Way – This organization helps people in a wide variety of ways, including providing referrals to places that can specifically help with your situational needs. They maintain a community care fund that is used to help people in the community. They can provide you with food, as well as help with homelessness, utilities, and more.
- Honolulu Community Action Program – This organization helps people with food assistance, weatherization, transitional living, income tax services, and more. If you need some help and live in the Honolulu area, contact them to see what types of assistance you may be able to receive from them.
Catholic Charities of Hawaii is a great organization for people to turn to during difficult or financially challenging times. You can also reach out to additional programs to see what types of services you can qualify for.
The more organizations you can get help from, the better position you will be in to ensure your needs are being met.