The city of Los Angeles is one of the most famous places in the world.
The city is home to millions of people. It is also a place that has many people who need financial assistance at times.
There are a lot of people in the city who need financial help, because they can’t make ends meet.
As the cost of goods and services continue to rise, many people find that they need help paying for their living expenses. A good place to turn to for help is Catholic Charities of Los Angeles.
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles provides services to many people in the community each year.
They are part of a nationwide group that has 3,000 locations from coast to coast.
Every location offers different programs to help people in need. Finding a location close to you and contacting them will likely lead to getting the assistance that will help you get by.
About Catholic Charities of Los Angeles
While they are affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, They do not expect you to be religious.
They provide free helpful services to anyone in the community who needs it.
The services they provide never have to be paid back. Everything is free and funded by those who donate to the charity to support what they do. Catholic Charities of Los Angeles offers several locations to provide people around the entire area with help.
Some of the services provided at the locations include:
- Family services. People can get assistance with child care, youth services, and youth employment services. They also provide parenting classes, summer camp programs, support groups, and free lunches during the summer for kids.
- Basic needs. They provide everything one needs to ensure that their basic needs are being taken care of. This includes food, shelter, clothing, hygiene items, hotel vouchers, transportation, utility and rent assistance, and more.
- Job skills. They will help people with obtaining job skills, training, and finding employment. They will help with writing a resume that can be used to apply for jobs. If you are having difficulty obtaining a job they can help you with these services.
- They provide a mentoring program for kids of all ages, as well as job coaching, recreational activities, and community referrals to other helpful organizations.
- Immigration services. The organization will help people with their immigration needs, as well as provide services to help refugees. They offer mobile outreach, transitional services, and legal services.
Additional Helpful Charities in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is a big city with a large population, so there are many organizations that people can turn to for financial assistance.
While many people reach out to Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, it is also a good idea to contact other helpful charities. By doing so you will ensure that you get your basic needs met, and you may find a place that helps that is closer to where you live.
- Union Rescue Mission. This faith-based organization provides a pantry, free meals, shelter services, and more. They also offer a free clinic to help people with counseling, health care, dental care, and more.
- World Harvest. This organization provides food and hot meals to many people each year. People in need can get meals to eat right then or take home boxes of food to help them get through the week.
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. This organization focuses on ensuring people have food. They have provided over a billion meals to people in need since they opened their doors in 1973.
- My Friends House. This program provides a variety of services to help people in the community, including food services, a wellness program, and more. Those who need food can stop by and get it, as well as information about their other helpful programs.
- Student Lunch Box. This program fights food insecurity by providing free food to those in need. They focus on delivering food to low income college students. They do this in order to help increase graduation rates.
There are plenty of charities that you can reach out to if you need help in the Los Angeles area.
Start by finding the Catholic Charities of Los Angeles location that is closest to you.
From there, reach out to the other organizations listed to see if they are a good fit for the type of help you need. The more charities you contact the better chance you will have at ensuring your needs are being met.