If you or a loved one fell into challenging financial times – you might seek financial help.
In today’s world, it is not a far-fetched scenario, with costs of pretty much everything soaring to all-time highs.
Inflation in the US is at very high 6.4% currently – which means that our money is becoming worthless by the minute.
The good news is that there are many charity organizations, among them – catholic charities, looking to help out, financially.
The help they receive can be the difference in their basic needs being met or not.
For some people, they need financial assistance during those times or they simply won’t be able to make ends meet.
The good news is that there are multiple places you can turn to for help, including Catholic Charities.
Financial assistance is provided to people through this group each year around the country.
Catholic Charities’ financial assistance programs play an important role in helping many people to not only survive but be able to make it through some challenging times.
You can use the money for any purpose – whether you are behind on paying your bills, or just need some extra cash, to get by.
There are multiple cash assistance programs available for you to apply. Make sure you apply to as many as you qualify for.
The more you know about the charity and what they have to offer those in need, the more you will want to reach out to them.
About Catholic Charities Financial Assistance
Catholic Charities is a faith-based organization that was founded over 100 years ago.
They are associated with the Roman Catholic Church, and have over 3,000 locations around the country.
Each state offers some Catholic Charities locations, where people can go to for financial assistance.
The various locations provide different types of relief programs, so that people can find one that will help them with their current situation.
You do not have to be religious person in order to receive financial assistance from Catholic Charities.
They help people from all walks of life, various religions, etc. If you need help, they will provide you with the assistance, no matter what type of religion you practice or if you don’t practice one at all.
Types of Financial Assistance Catholic Charities Offers
No matter what type of financial assistance you need, there is a good chance that Catholic Charities offers it.
Some of the programs they will help people with include:
- Food and nutrition. They provide people with boxes of food, as well as hot meals.
- Affordable housing. They help people avoid homelessness and locate affordable housing options.
- Disaster relief. Those who have experienced a disaster can turn to them for help.
- Family services. These include helping with getting small bills paid and other cash programs.
- Immigration and refugee services. They provide services to help this population with their transitional needs.
- Counseling services. They offer help with things like mental health and addiction counseling.
Every location of Catholic Charities around the country offers some type of financial assistance for those in need.
If you need help, contact one that is close to you to see what programs they offer.
If they don’t have a program that would help you, they should be able to refer you to one that can and that is close to you.
How to Apply for Cash Assistance ?
In order to apply for any of the available cash assistance programs, follow these steps:
- Pick a catholic charity in your area
- Provide the proof and documents they require
- Wait for up to 7 business days
- Get approved for your cash assistance
- If you get denied, you are able to resend the application or appeal
As you can see , the process is simple, and most importantly, its 100% free.
We also recommend calling the specific organization you’re applying with, in order to get specific instructions and make sure you are submitting everything they need.
Additional Charities that Offer Financial Assistance Programs
While Catholic Charities is a wonderful organization to turn to when you need help, there are others you can also call on. They may be closer to you or offer a program that you can’t find at another place near you.
If these programs cannot help you there is also a good chance that they can refer you to some in your area that will. Reach out to them for assistance and see what happens.
Here are some additional nationwide charitable organizations that provide financial assistance:
- Salvation Army. Each year, this organization helps around 25 million people in the country in a variety of ways. They provide people with free hot meals, boxes of food, clothing, transportation vouchers, and other forms of financial assistance. They also offer counseling services and homeless shelters.
- Lutheran Services. With 300 locations around the country, they provide people with a variety of helpful services. They help people with financial assistance, disability issues, food, seniors, housing, and more.
- Vincent de Paul. This faith-based organization that has locations around the country. They provide people with free food, clothing, disaster relief, and work programs.
- American Red Cross – This organization helps people around the country who have been impacted by disasters. They will help provide food, clothing, shelter, and other financial relief programs.
Contact the programs that are close to you to inquire about the types of financial assistance programs they offer. You can also ask them what the process is to get help and what is needed to sign up for it.
Some programs you may simply need to show up at a certain time, such as to collect free boxes of food.
Other programs, such as getting bill payment assistance, may require you to provide financial or identification information.
The Bottom Line
At these difficult financial times, many people turn to and apply for catholic charity assistance programs.
These god-send organizations are amazing and tend to have a high approval rate, so if you are in need of cash, make sure you apply and odds are, you will be approved.
We hope that your situation will get better soon, and pray for you and your loved ones.
Please, share this post via social media so we can help other people as well. Pay it forward!